cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Link Widget - SourceURL - Thingworx Service

nmohammed
11-Garnet

Link Widget - SourceURL - Thingworx Service

Hi All

Would like to assign a source URL to Link widget by Thingworx service. Can you please let me know how to access a Link widget and its properties from Thingworx service. 

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:nmohammed)

Hi @nmohammed.

You would actually need to bind the output of the service to the link widget's source url binding target.  The service would use the needed logic to generate the url and output it as a string.  Make sure the result is bound to the link widget as SourceURL in the mashup.  Also make sure the url is complete and includes the protocol, domain, path, etc.

If you have any problems, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:nmohammed)

Hi @nmohammed.

You would actually need to bind the output of the service to the link widget's source url binding target.  The service would use the needed logic to generate the url and output it as a string.  Make sure the result is bound to the link widget as SourceURL in the mashup.  Also make sure the url is complete and includes the protocol, domain, path, etc.

If you have any problems, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Thanks for quick reply. Appreciated.

I cannot bind the service at this moment. Am looking for method that will allow me to access link widget and assign a value to soureURL property when I run a service manually during deployment. 

Example: Groups["IIOT_Admin"].AddMember(params); Am looking similar methods to access it.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @nmohammed.

It is not possible to access a specific widget on a mashup via a service.  You would need to define the service to output the data you wish to use in the mashup and pull in that service as a data source for the mashup.

This link from the ThingWorx Help Center may help to explain how this works.  Also, if it's training that you need, please reach out to the Sales team to discuss options.  We have courses that can walk you through specific examples required for your design.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @nmohammed.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags