cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Local Bound Properties

mfelton
1-Newbie

Local Bound Properties

Hi All,

I seem to be coming across a bug, where if i bind a local property to a thing then the value does not update & when i save and close the thing, that link then disappears.

Here are the links i have made. (note the values are populated in the Thing that is linked, so they should be showing up here now?)

Then after save and close.

Links are gone.

Any help?

5 REPLIES 5
MarekP.Nowaczyk
14-Alexandrite
(To:mfelton)

Matthew, I tested different scenarios trying to reproduce the issue you describing but unfortunately was unsuccessful hence have few addition questions:

1. What is your version of TWX?

2. Can you export the things used to reproduce the issue?

Update below, if you still need the export i can do that. Also this is Thingworx 7.4 with MSSQL.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Matthew Felton​,

In addition; try linking to the properties of a Thing that does not contain period (.) character in the name.

Hi both,

I tried your solution Ankit and it has only confused me more!. I can now get a link when its a property of the Thing, However any Thing Shape properties used will not get a value from the link as shown below.

So its seems that that '.'s in the Thing names do stop things from working, however I need this to work on the Thing shape otherwise this solution will not be scalable.

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Matthew Felton​ : This seems to be a defect in ThingWorx 7.4 release and has been fixed in higher release. Please Upgrade to higher version ThingWorx e.g. 7.4.2  or 8.0 + and let us know in case you still observe issue.

You can also refer the other community post logged with similar issue: Local Bound Properties are lost on save

-Durgesh

Top Tags