cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Localization Token Missing for Session Timeout Audit Message

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Localization Token Missing for Session Timeout Audit Message

As per the original post

If we look into a .zip export of the audit logs I can see two variables:

{
	"message": "User session has expired.",
	"user": "RdmcInitUser"
}

I therefore created token 'com.thingworx.things.security.SecurityMonitorThing.SessionExpired.Audit' with value '__message__ For user __user__'.

Not sure if the missing token was fixed in a later TWX release (I am also on 9.3.4 where it is missing).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:nmutter)

PTC article regarding issue: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS382527 The article will be updated when it was fixed. Article now also includes a workaround.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Localization is the process of adapting software or applications to specific languages, regions, or cultural contexts. It involves translating text strings, such as error messages or user interface elements, into different languages or regional variations. In this case, the "Localization Token Missing" part suggests that there is a missing or incomplete token related to localization. Tokens are placeholders in the code that are replaced with the actual translated text during runtime based on the selected language or region.  MyCCPay Login

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Same issue in 9.4.0 (see in background the AuditLog with the "SessionExpired.Audit not found" error instead of the localized message:

nmutter_0-1685467966237.png

I'll open a PTC case for it to get fixed.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

PTC article regarding issue: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS382527 The article will be updated when it was fixed. Article now also includes a workaround.

Top Tags