cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Looking for a way to authenticate Thingworx user through RFID Tag Reader

raj_selvaa50
4-Participant

Looking for a way to authenticate Thingworx user through RFID Tag Reader

Hi, I am looking forward for any option to Login into Thingworx application through RFID tag reader, our moto to eliminate user has to enter username & password.

If RFID way is not possible, Then suggest some other ways.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @raj_selvaa50 you could connect your RFID device to ThingWorx via the ThingWorx Edge SDK, e.g. ThingWorx Java SDK, and you can build a custom Authenticator using ThingWorx Extension SDK, just to give high level diagram what I am talking about

09-07-2018 12-17-52.jpg

Other option could be that you can configure SSO with ThingWorx, see Help Center doc here

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @raj_selvaa50 you could connect your RFID device to ThingWorx via the ThingWorx Edge SDK, e.g. ThingWorx Java SDK, and you can build a custom Authenticator using ThingWorx Extension SDK, just to give high level diagram what I am talking about

09-07-2018 12-17-52.jpg

Other option could be that you can configure SSO with ThingWorx, see Help Center doc here

raj_selvaa50
4-Participant
(To:supandey)

Hi supandey,

Thank you for your suggestion, I will try to explore this option in more details

Top Tags