Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQTT Extension publish and subscribe settings

Highlighted
Level 8

MQTT Extension publish and subscribe settings

Good day,

I am working with the MQTT extension and have a few questions. 

Regarding subscribing to topics:

In other MQTT client and broker tools it is possible to subscribe to a topic using wildcards like '+' and '#' and in the document for support case CS246701(https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS246701) they do discuss this functionality: MQTT subscribe info

But it does not seem to work if I add it as a mapping topic e.g. /Thingworx/+/Thing1/Property1  instead of /Thingworx/Dev/Thing1/Property1.

Is there a way to get this functionality to work in Thingworx?

Regarding publishing topics:

As part of the Java library being used by the extension (mqttv3.jar (MQTT client library)) there is functionality built in by default called "isRetained" I believe. This stores the last message published on a topic on the broker. I can't find the functionality to enable the retain function when a topic is published.

Is there a way to enable this functionality in Thingworx?

Thank you,

Johan Bester

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES

Re: MQTT Extension publish and subscribe settings

Hello Johan!

Regarding subscribing to topics:

I have found the following KCS Article mentioning that the feature is not available and an enhancement was reported to R&D:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS271034

If you could confirm the feature explained in the above article is exactly what you would like to have, I would be glad to create a Case on your behalf and link it to the enhancement request in order to let our R&D know that you are interested in that feature.

Regarding publishing topics:

You have created Case 14099591 and I will assist you in the context of mentioned Case.

Best Regards,

Vanessa

Hi @visla,

Thank you for the response. The subscribing to topics using wildcards + and # is what I am looking for regarding the subscribing to topics. It is partially covered in the attached case link (only the '+' wildcard is referred to). If you can assist with escalating the functionality with the R&D team (I believe it was already suggested but I am not sure the details of the enhancement requests), I would appreciate it.

Hello Johan!

No problem, I have created Case 14099692 on your behalf and I will assist you further in the context of that Case.

Best Regards,

Vanessa