cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

MQTT thing doesn't connect anymore

DF_9703795
9-Granite

MQTT thing doesn't connect anymore

Hi everyone, 

I don't get whats wrong here!

I created two MQTT-Things and configurated them to the same Server, (test.mosquitto.org). I made the same steps for each thing, but one is connected and one not. 

I created them last Friday and it works and today I always get these Errors:

1. DF_9703795_0-1612253735855.png
  2. "Fischertechnik_DaFe_SU is not enabled"

I attached the two things, maybe it is a problem with my thingworx server? 

Fischertechnik_DaFe_Order: works and is connected
Fischertechnik_DaFe_SU: doesn't connect anymore since today

Thanks for any kind of help!

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @DF_9703795,

Was Tomcat and/or the ThingWorx server restarted since Friday ? It can happen that MQQT Things have a hard time reconnecting after a Tomcat restart, especially if you are using an older version of the MQTT extension (latest one is 4.0.1). This is usually solved by saving the MQQT Thing. Does it make a difference on your save if you do a Save on the Thing that is failing to connect ? Another (similar) possibility would be to run both services RestartThing and then EnableThing on that MQTT Thing. 

Thanks for your help!

I don't know if it got restarted since Friday.

I will try this, but at the time it even got worse and I am not able to open the thingworx composer (see attached picture).

Is this a licensing problem?

Or maybe it doesn't let me in, if there are too much user currently working?

At first glance this does not seem license related, however you can double-check if you have a valid license by going to Monittoring > Subsystems > LicensignSubsystem and check the expiration dates of your features.

Could you attach today's ApplicationLog.log (located under ThingworxStorage/logs) ? Those might help understand what kind of issue is affecting your server.

This was the output of the "RestartThing" Service.

Top Tags