cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

MSSQL Server as Persistance

AitorP
6-Contributor

MSSQL Server as Persistance

Hi,

I am not able to see/add/use MSSQL as Persistance provider. I have trial version Thingworx.

My goal is to save data form keepware and work with this data. Do a graph with this data for example. I guess I have to save the data to a persitance server.

I have followed all the instructions from Support (https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/es/index.html#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FInstallation%2FInstallation%2Finstall_java_and_apache_tomcat.html%23wwID0EHC3O ) and https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/es/index.html#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FDataStorage%2FPersistenceProviders%2Fmssql_database_setup_for_thingworx_windows.html%23wwID0E6QAW

But I don't know what to do more. I guess it should appear here but it does not appear:

AP_9996685_0-1627297537227.png

I think I have followed all steps but maybe I have something missing.

Someone has the same problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AitorP)

Hi @AitorP 

Why is it necessary to run SQL Server for evaluating the product?  The trial version allows you to assess functionality.  If you decide to move forward to purchase the product, you can install the SQL Server version at that time.  

If you are interested in a different type of trial, I recommend that you reach out to the Sales team to discuss options.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AitorP 

You indicated you have a trial version, which is packaged with H2 as the persistence provider.  Are you trying to modify this trial version to use SQL Server instead?  If so, you need to follow these instructions for setting up the database, but you may run into other issues.  If you already have a ThingWorx license, you can install the product using the Foundation installer instead of the trial version.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

AitorP
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hi sharon,

Thanks for your answer, I do not have license for the moment.
I followed the intructiones from the link you attached witohut success.

Maybe The question is if is possible to do have MSSQL as a Persistence provider without license.
Thanks.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AitorP 

Why is it necessary to run SQL Server for evaluating the product?  The trial version allows you to assess functionality.  If you decide to move forward to purchase the product, you can install the SQL Server version at that time.  

If you are interested in a different type of trial, I recommend that you reach out to the Sales team to discuss options.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags