cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Mail Server Extension not Working with Notification Alert

SaiPrakash
6-Contributor

Mail Server Extension not Working with Notification Alert

I am using Mail Server Extension (Version 3.6.0) that I downloaded from PTC Marketplace. I have Imported this Extension and created a Thing.

1. Now, when I try Executing the inbuilt "SendMessage" Service of MailServer Thing Template Emails are being sent without any problem and I can see the same emails in my Gmail Sent box. But, when the same is configured using the Notifications it doesn't work, it just doesn't send any email. However when I wrote a subscription to debug it I get "NotificationSent" Notification Event. This is weird. I am using Gmail SMTP Service.

2. The other issue I am facing is that whenever I send an email to my Outlook Work Mail ID the email just doesn't get delivered. However, Thingworx says that the message was delivered and I could also see the same email from my Gmail Sent Box. To check if my Gmail Email ID was blacklisted on the work account, I just sent a normal email (from Gmail Web application) from my Gmail account to the Outlook and it works pretty fine. I received the Email on my Outlook Work account. What might be the issue?

Please Help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
odukiya
15-Moonstone
(To:SaiPrakash)

Hello @SaiPrakash 

Please follow this article . I think your problem will get resolve.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS200624

If you face any further concern, please revert.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
odukiya
15-Moonstone

Hello @SaiPrakash 

Please follow this article . I think your problem will get resolve.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS200624

If you face any further concern, please revert.

Thanks

SaiPrakash
6-Contributor
(To:odukiya)

Hello omdukiya,

Thanks for the Reply. I had already tried that and that didn't work for my Issue. However if you go through my issue again, I said I am able to send the Emails from "SendMessage" Service. It is only when I use the Notification Alert it is not working. I recently used Twilio for the Same Notification Alert and Notification Alert worked with Twilio. It is just that it is not working with Mail Server.

Hope I was able to make it clear

SaiPrakash
6-Contributor

Sorry omdukiya,

It was mentioned at the last in the Article that you shared. I missed it. Thanks again for your help.

But Still I am facing the same with the second issue. Please suggest. I am not even able to find the Emails in Junk Folder of my Outlook Work Mail. But I can see that the Mail is Sent if I look at my Gmail Sent Box now (which I am using as SMTP)

Hello @SaiPrakash,

I presume that when you test SendMessage() service you do it under your Administrator account? I might be wrong, but Notifications probably use another account, which may not have sufficient access rights to call this service. Check under which user you have that log message that you log in your subscription. Also check that you don't have any errors in ApplicationLog when you generate a notification.

As for your second question -- sorry, I've got no clue. My ThingWorx emails often get into Spam folder -- maybe check this one?

Regards,
Constantine

Hi Constantine,

Thanks for the Reply. The Notifications are also using the Administrator account. Please see the attached File.

But your suggestion helped in a way. When I checked the Security log, I saw that the Default From Field was configured Incorrectly>

Top Tags