cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mail send issue..

mahendraGurav
1-Newbie

Mail send issue..

Hi All,

I am trying to configure the mail details. I have added the SMTP details but from other application mail are sending successfully where I had mentioned SMTP client and port. But from Thingworx getting the issue of ": Could not connect to SMTP host: ". Please let me know if POP3 details are mandatory here.I have kept it blank in Thingworx because in other application I am not using these but still mail can be send.Please help

Thanks,

Mahendra

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

You should supply POP3 server and port according to your account details to which you are configuring your mail thing .Like I have yahoo account (Mail account user) so these are my settings for this .

Hi,

Thanks for qurck reply. I an still facing the issue of smtp could not connect. I set the gamil smtp detiasl like bekow

mail config.PNG

mailthing2.PNG

But getting below errorv(Could not connect to SMTP host smtp.gmial.com

smtp issue.PNG

Please tell me if anyother settings required frim Thingworx side. OR anyother security related settings are missing.

Thanks,

Mahendra

Mahendrs, you should be checking the Gmail's POP/IMAP settings, see here https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en

The error highlights that your machine is not able to initiate connection on port 465, other way to test would be to use Telnet see if it allows you to make connection else you might have to allow those from Firewall.

There's no other setting needed from ThingWorx side, other than what you are already configuring.

Hi,

Can you please check your Pop3 Server ,it's pop3.gmail.com instead pop.gmail.com .

Also you need to turn on Allow less secure app in gmail settings to allow thingworx to login into your account and send mail from there .

Rest I have tried with the same settings as you have in screenshot and it's running fine for me .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

Hi Mukul,

Thanks for the continuous support.

Our server team suggested that there is no POP3 details and keep it as blank. And as I mentined other application can send mail with same SMPT details and without POP3 settings.

Let me know if any other settings specific to Thingwors required here? Or at mail server side THingworx details need to add?

Thanks,

Mahendra

Top Tags