cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Manually Exporting Thingworx Entities

bmehringer
12-Amethyst

Manually Exporting Thingworx Entities

I am trying to come up with some tools that give us more flexibility when moving Thingworx entities from one environment (dev) to another (prod).  Currently the best we can do is tag an entity and export based on tag.  However, in many cases we are getting entities that didn't change in the dev environment and we don't want to risk importing something to a production environment that we didn't intend to import.

What I am wanting is some sort of way to select individual entities and then export those entities based on selection.  I found a link to an article about manually exporting entities and I think this could be the basis of the tool we need.  Manually Importing and Exporting

When I attempt to run the URL's listed in the link above to export an entity as XML, I am not getting all the needed information.  I check permissions and I have them set correct, as far as I can tell.

Has anyone used the features explained in the link above?  Any pointers on using that to export the full information needed for an entity?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:bmehringer)

Try:

<Server>/Thingworx/Exporter/<EntityType>/<EntityName>?Accept=text/xml

or

<Server>/Thingworx/Exporter/<EntityType>/<EntityName>?Accept=text/xml&forSourceControl=true

On the flip side btw you can use something like:

ImportSourceControlledEntities from SourceControlFunctions Resource to import

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:bmehringer)

Try:

<Server>/Thingworx/Exporter/<EntityType>/<EntityName>?Accept=text/xml

or

<Server>/Thingworx/Exporter/<EntityType>/<EntityName>?Accept=text/xml&forSourceControl=true

On the flip side btw you can use something like:

ImportSourceControlledEntities from SourceControlFunctions Resource to import

I used the URL's you provided and I was able to get full exports of individual entities.  I think this will work for our tool.

Thanks

Top Tags