cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mashup doesn't save, even though "save successful" message is shown

bramleyt
1-Newbie

Mashup doesn't save, even though "save successful" message is shown

Several times while developing my mashup, after hitting save I notice that it doesn't actually save my changes - the runtime view isn't updated, yet I still get the "Save successful" message.

I investigated the problem, and found my changes aren't even being sent to the server: I looked at network traffic in Chrome dev tools, the PUT http://<server>/Thingworx/Mashups/<mashupName>?reason= req request, mashupContent in the JSON payload is the old content, without my changes.

I tried to export my changes, and the xml download also doesn't include my changes.

I look at 'change history', and no entry for my change.

With no way to persist my changes, I reloaded the page, made the changes again, tried to save, and again had the same problem. Tried a new tab, new window, etc. The only way to fix it was to log out and back in again. This has now happened twice in 2 days.

Separately, I have also previously had the problem where I get an error saving, with the error box displaying:

, status: "", message: ""

. When this happens, there actually is no network request in Chrome dev tools. It only works on the second try (when there is a request to PUT http://<server>/Thingworx/Mashups/<mashupName>?reason= req shown).

Chrome 72.0.3626.109

Windows 10

Thingworx 8.3.4-b993, running on my own server

Using the new composer.

5 REPLIES 5
lhughes-2
5-Regular Member
(To:bramleyt)

Hello Bramley,

Just for testing purposes, have you tested this issue on a different browser or a different system that can connect to your Thingworx server?

Just for your reference:
Thingworx Compatibility Matrix

Louis

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:lhughes-2)

Hi @bramleyt.

If the previous response from @lhughes-2 helped to solve your problem, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.  Or, if you found a different solution, please post it here and mark that as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone
(To:bramleyt)

Hi,

I have the same issue but observe it the first time. It seems hard to reproduce, so I will not try another browser if logout+login helps me for now. The "empty" error message occurs more often though.

Chrome 72.0.3626.121

Windows 10

Thingworx 8.3.4-b993

Also using the new composer

abarki
15-Moonstone
(To:bbeuckSIG)

Hi @bbeuckSIG 

Were you able to reproduce the behavior about Mashup doesn't save, even though "save successful"  ?

About second behavior "empty" error message.

For this second observed behavior I recommend that you open another "fresh" Post addressing this specific behavior, in this way you ensure that the two observed behaviors don't get mixed up but each behavior will get full separate attention by the readers in the community. 

Kr.

Asia

bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone
(To:abarki)

Hi @abarki ,

thanks for your response. Recently I have not encountered this issue anymore but I also haven't spent much time on mashup building.

Concerning empty error messages I may follow your suggestion, also depending on reproducability.

Regards
Benny

Top Tags