cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mashups generated dynamically / by program

ZbigniewK
10-Marble

Mashups generated dynamically / by program

Hello,
I have app where I need to generate buttons, depending on previous choices of user and datas inside table.
Amount of buttons can differ, labels seen also, service called - this same.
Most preferable way is to have empty mashup and service, which will create buttons on screen, so I can go trought my infotable and generate button for every row of data. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Assuming you are already have some experience in the platform, technically you should do this by using a combination of Collection widget (basically an overcharged table, driven by services) and expressions/validators.

You will find in the Help Center the necessary documentation for both these widgets - just search.

But, to get to the point I wanted to raise, the trick though is to really understand what you want to achieve.

If you're thinking of a very complex dynamic application where everything varies, including button positions etc, Mashup Builder is not the tool for this. We aim to accomplish clear use-cases in a low-code environment, with a good amount of complexity, while giving users the chance to build their own widgets for custom capabilities.

So, analyze your requirements first with somebody who has experience with Thingworx, and validate your use-case makes sense to be implemented in Mashup Builder.

Your Customer Success Manager (if one is assigned to your company) or your PTC Sales contact are both good contacts to advise who to contact.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Assuming you are already have some experience in the platform, technically you should do this by using a combination of Collection widget (basically an overcharged table, driven by services) and expressions/validators.

You will find in the Help Center the necessary documentation for both these widgets - just search.

But, to get to the point I wanted to raise, the trick though is to really understand what you want to achieve.

If you're thinking of a very complex dynamic application where everything varies, including button positions etc, Mashup Builder is not the tool for this. We aim to accomplish clear use-cases in a low-code environment, with a good amount of complexity, while giving users the chance to build their own widgets for custom capabilities.

So, analyze your requirements first with somebody who has experience with Thingworx, and validate your use-case makes sense to be implemented in Mashup Builder.

Your Customer Success Manager (if one is assigned to your company) or your PTC Sales contact are both good contacts to advise who to contact.

Top Tags