cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Ujwal17
7-Bedrock

Menu

Is it possible to disable one of the options in menu for a particular user in Thingworx 8.5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:Ujwal17)

@Ujwal17 

As per my understanding you can give permission to complete menu, not to the menu item for particular user to visibility and run/design time. There is only option to add user group in it.

Suppose a menu contain 5 different items, all items have different mashup links. Then all 5 users can see that menu and menu items and click on it.

You can give permission of mashups for different-different users.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mgoel
17-Peridot

Hi @Ujwal17 

Thank you for opening this post on the Community. Did you check use permission options in the menu for this?

Please brief it a bit more.

Thanks,

Mohit

Ujwal17
7-Bedrock
(To:mgoel)

Consider there are 3 options in menu as

option1

option2

option3

option2 has to be disabled(similar to a disabled button) for user X. whereas, it has to be accessible for all the other users

is this clear?

Also yes, I checked the permissions for menu. means, I just denied the visibility permission for the mashup link in option2 for user X. So, when he clicks, a status showing

'permission denied' comes in the page. But , user X can still click on the option2. I want to  make it non-clickable for user X

mgoel
17-Peridot

@Ujwal17 

Thank you for explaining. let me try it my end. Will get back to you on this.

mgoel
17-Peridot

@Ujwal17 

As per my understanding you can give permission to complete menu, not to the menu item for particular user to visibility and run/design time. There is only option to add user group in it.

Suppose a menu contain 5 different items, all items have different mashup links. Then all 5 users can see that menu and menu items and click on it.

You can give permission of mashups for different-different users.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Ujwal17.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags