cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Model deployment failed on connector No file or directory found

Lenn
8-Gravel

Model deployment failed on connector No file or directory found

Hi,

I'm doing this ThingWorx Analytics tutorial: https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/operationalize-analytics-model/analysis-model

I did everything exactly as in the tutorial and everything works (upload datasets, create models) but when I try to publish a model from the Analytics Builder i get the status message:

"Model deployment failed on connector No file or directory found at /vibrations_analysisprov/vibration_dataset_vibrations_model_90dcad61-3d42-4835-95b5-77906007c343.xml"

What is the problem and how can I solve it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:Lenn)

Hi @Lenn 

There is no simple way to check for update.

However the logs form ThingWorx Analytics Server are interesting.

ThingWorx Analytics Server does not connect anymore to ThingWorx Platform due to a 401 error, which means unauthorized.

So likely there is something incorrect with the application key.

The most probably is that the app key has expired.

In Composer go to SECURITY > Application key, select the app key for ThingWorx Analytics (I cannot tell you which one it is - worse case scenario we could create a new one).
Make sure that the application key expiry date is not passed, if it is, simply update to a date in the future.

Ensure also that the App key is associated with a member of Administrators group.

Then restart ThingWorx Analytics.

Let me know how it goes.

Christophe

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

@Lenn 

Could you please upload the following:

- screenshots of Composer > Help > About

- screenshots of ThingWorx Analytics Builder > Settings

- screenshots of Composer > Manage > Extensions, showing all the extensions and their version

- <ThingWorxStorage>/logs folder

- <ThingWorxAnalyticsServer>/data/logs folder

Thank you

Kind regards

Christophe

Lenn
8-Gravel
(To:cmorfin)

Thanks for your reply!

You can find the files attached. 

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @Lenn 

Thank you for the logs.

However I do not found this error in your log files, so either that is a different server or the error had not been reproduced during the lifetime of those file.

Could you try reproducing the error and then send me a new set of log files for both ThingWorx and ThingWorx Analytics ?

Thank you

Christophe

Lenn
8-Gravel

Okay, now you should see it. 

Thank you 

Lenn

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @Lenn 

I still can't see the error, but I do have some issues with the log files as they appear somehow corrupted.

Maybe this is happening during transfer.

Could you check on our side, if you can find the error in the ApplicationLog.log file ?

You can just search for "Model deployment failed"

Also once you reproduce the error, if you go in Composer > Monitoring > ApplicationLog and refresh the display, do you see the error there ?

Thanks

Christophe

Lenn
8-Gravel

Unfortunately I couldn't find the error in the application log. 

Neither in the ApplicationLog file nor in the Monitoring section

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @Lenn 

Thank you for checking this. That appears odd but will do without .

Could you do the following checks/tests:

1) Set ApplicationLog to DEBUG and reproduce the issue. For this:

- in Composer > Monitoring > ApplicationLog, select the Configure button and set it to DEBUG

- reproduce the error

- Reset the ApplicationLog to WARN immediately

2) In <ThingWorxStorage>/repository do you have a folder named TW.AnalysisServices.ModelRepository ?

- if yes, do you have a subfolder vibrations_analysisprov in it ?

- if yes, is there something in this vibrations_analysisprov folder ?

- if no, are you able to create a file in the existing folder ?

3) In Composer, search for TW.AnalysisServices.ModelRepository, then access Services > CreateTextFile, enter vibrations_analysisprov\test.txt for path, and "test" for data, then Execute

- is the file created under <ThingWorxStorage>/TW.AnalysisServices.ModelRepository/vibrations_analysisprov\test.txt

4) In Composer, search for TW.AnalysisServices.ModelRepository access Services > ListDirectories, enter \ for path and execute

- what is the output ?

Could you then upload the new ThingWorxStorage/logs folder together with the result of the other tests (maybe screenshot of output can be good)

Thank you

Christophe

Lenn
8-Gravel

Thanks for your reply. 

I did all the steps.

2) Yes, I have a folder named TW.AnalysisServices.ModelRepository in the ThingWorxStorage. It has a subfolder named vibrations_analysisprov and there is something in it. 

3) Yes, the file was created under <ThingWorxStorage>/TW.AnalysisServices.ModelRepository/vibrations_analysisprov\test.txt

4) Screenshot of the output is attached. 

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @Lenn 

Thank you for this.
It is very strange because I still see no output expected from the Publish operation.

Could it be possible that the files you sent me are from a different instance of ThingWorx  ?

Could you post a screenshots of Analytics Manager > Analysis Provider page.

Also I'd like to have more details on what you find in the repository.

So using the name of the provider that is currently defined can you execute the service GetFileInfo of TW.AnalysisServices.ModelRepository for each file you see under the provider folder, so the path could be /vibrations_analysisprov/vibration_dataset_vibrations_model_90dcad61-3d42-4835-95b5-77906007c343.xml based on the error message you initially posted.

However make sure to use the current provider if you have change it since.

Also please execute this for every single file you see under that folder at OS level.

Could you also send me a screenshot of the folder from Windows explorer.

Thank you

Christophe

Lenn
8-Gravel

Okay, here are the Screenshots 

Thanks

Lenn

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @Lenn 

Thank you for his.

Could you tell me if you have made some update/upgrade of either ThingWorx Platform, ThingWorx Analytics Extension and/or ThingWorx Analytics Server ? If yes from what release to what release ?

Could you do the following:

1.  Stop ThingWorx Analytics Server
  2.  Stop ThingWorx
  3.  Start ThingWorx
  4.  Start ThingWorx Analytics Server
  5. Confirm that ThingWorx Analytics Server is connected to ThingWorx
  6. Perform a Publish

If you still have error, please send me:

- the error you see in UI (to confirm that is the same)

- ThingWorxStorage/logs (though I am afraid there still won't be anything strangely)

- ThingWorxAnalyticsServer/data/logs

Thank you

Christophe

Lenn
8-Gravel

Okay, I stopped Thingworx and the Analytics Server and started it again. 

But now the Analytics Server is not connected anymore.. I didn't change anything

How can I connect it again? 

Thank you 

Lenn

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @Lenn 

Could you please execute the TWALogCollector and upload the resulting output file ?

Also please can you answer my previous questions about update .

Thank you

Christophe

Lenn
8-Gravel

To be honest, I don't know what kind of updates of either the ThingWorx Platform, ThingWorx Analytics Extension or ThingWorx Analytics Server were made. I'm a student and working with somebody else on the platform, he does all the updates.

How can I find out about the updates? 

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @Lenn 

There is no simple way to check for update.

However the logs form ThingWorx Analytics Server are interesting.

ThingWorx Analytics Server does not connect anymore to ThingWorx Platform due to a 401 error, which means unauthorized.

So likely there is something incorrect with the application key.

The most probably is that the app key has expired.

In Composer go to SECURITY > Application key, select the app key for ThingWorx Analytics (I cannot tell you which one it is - worse case scenario we could create a new one).
Make sure that the application key expiry date is not passed, if it is, simply update to a date in the future.

Ensure also that the App key is associated with a member of Administrators group.

Then restart ThingWorx Analytics.

Let me know how it goes.

Christophe

Lenn
8-Gravel

After updating the application key and restarting ThingWorx Analytics it's working now!

Thanks for your help 

Lenn 

Top Tags