cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Multilevel drill down using drop downs.

VR_10133499
13-Aquamarine

Multilevel drill down using drop downs.

We have a scenario where we have multiple drop-downs. All the drop-downs are connected with each other in a multi-level hierarchy. All the drop downs are associated with the same Datatable with different fields.

For example: we have a Datatable  named DT with 4 fields FD1,FD2,FD3, and FD4. The dropdowns viz DD1, DD2,DD3, and DD4 are binded to the corresponding fields of DT; DD1 binded to FD1, DD2 binded to FD2, and so on..

So when we select a value in DD1 from the list of selections, it should filter the values in DD2 based on Selection of value in DD1. Then data on DD3 should be filtered based on selection in DD2, then data on DD4 should be filtered based on selection made in DD3.

is there any way to achieve this in a mashup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

• Create a 4 different services for each drop-down widget
  • Based on each service's "SelectedRowChanged" event execute the subsequent service with "SelectedValue" as service input

Note: We can optimize this further, this is simplest I believe.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

• Create a 4 different services for each drop-down widget
  • Based on each service's "SelectedRowChanged" event execute the subsequent service with "SelectedValue" as service input

Note: We can optimize this further, this is simplest I believe.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

As per your comment, I created 4 services inside a helper thing.

Based on each service 'SelectedRowChanged' event I execute subsequent service with 'selectedvalue' as service input. But I don't get any option to bind the output of the triggered service to the subsequent dropdown(DD2). how the binding is going to be in this case? Please suggest.

Thanks a lot for your responses. After following your 1st response I was not getting any option to bind DD2 with the service. But later the day when I logged in again, the option to bind was available. So I suppose due to caching the changes were not getting reflected and after refreshing/logging in again the option was enabled.

Thanks alot.

Top Tags