cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

.NET SDK On Core?

tekktonic
6-Contributor

.NET SDK On Core?

Are there any plans to move the .NET SDK from .NET 3.5 to a modern version of .NET, specifically one supported by .NET Core? .NET 3.5 is 11 years old at this point and while still supported, as far as I can tell .NET 3.5 is considered to be a legacy component which is only installed if needed, along with other old .NET runtimes.

Moving to a newer version would both bring whatever runtime improvements have been added in the last 10 years as well as allow development without having Visual Studio installed, as there is no other way I know of to get the .NET 3.5 SDK unless you use an old, unsupported version of Mono (ca. 3 years ago, before support for old versions of .NET was removed.)

6 REPLIES 6
Leigh
Community Manager
(To:tekktonic)

Hi @tekktonic

I just wanted to give you a quick update that we have reached out internally to find the best person to answer your question.  So more to follow.

Thanks!

Leigh

Hi @tekktonic,

We have reached out to the appropriate team for this and our follow up is on going. We hope to have an updated status on progress in near future.

Thanks

Regards,

Prakhar Shubham

tekktonic
6-Contributor
(To:pshubham)

Thanks for the reply, can't wait to hear back :)

ShravanS
6-Contributor
(To:tekktonic)

Hi @tekktonic,

We are releasing a new version of the .Net SDK that uses .Net 4.5 next month.

Regards,

Shravan

Hi! Any info on whether or not our SDK will be / is supported on .NET Core?

abhkumar
13-Aquamarine
(To:eferent)

Hi @eferent 

.NET SDK 5.8.0 will support .NET Core

Thanks

Abhishek

Top Tags