cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Need to pass values from list(dropdown) to grid service

nbhagtani
2-Guest

Need to pass values from list(dropdown) to grid service

Hi,

I have one list(dropdown) which contains all implemented things and am passing selected row - "name" value to the custom service filter whose result is displayed in grid.

Filter value received at custom service is "undefined".

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I solved the issue by writing custom service to get list of thing to be displayed on list(previously was using GetImplementingThings service).

This custom get list service uses GetImplementingThings service and returns data in infotable and i pass name of selected row of list to another custom service filter and this time i get filter value properly.

So i don't know why GetImplementingThings service when directly used on mashup doesn't work but got other way to pass value to filter.

Thanks for help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:nbhagtani)

Hi Nisha Bhagtani​,

Are you using SelectedRowChanged event to call your custom service so that your custom service is called when anything changes in the Dropdown list?

Does the custom service gives result on testing?

Before anything changes in dropdown list, the value which is already selected(first row) should get passed to custom service which is not happening.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

ok. Is the custom service running on Mashup load?

yes its custom service and i have selected on mashup load checkbox

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

To be specific; did you select Mashup Load checkbox while adding the service in the Data Panel?

yes i did

I solved the issue by writing custom service to get list of thing to be displayed on list(previously was using GetImplementingThings service).

This custom get list service uses GetImplementingThings service and returns data in infotable and i pass name of selected row of list to another custom service filter and this time i get filter value properly.

So i don't know why GetImplementingThings service when directly used on mashup doesn't work but got other way to pass value to filter.

Thanks for help.

Top Tags