cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Network builder tree runtime

fmanniti
9-Granite

Network builder tree runtime

Hi, in order to make a network tree in composer there is a wonderful widget where you drag and drop from a list of entities to a tree and you can "manually" move them and create the parentals relationships.

Is there a kind of widget like that also for Runtime?

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:fmanniti)

Not out of the box. But you may look into custom extensibility and development - attached some reference documentation.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Fabio Manniti​,

In addition to what Polina Suggested; you may also try to use existing list and tree widget with a add button.

Selected list item will give the child to be added and selected tree item will give the parent.

Then we can create a custom service (which takes the above parent and child) to add a new row with this. And we can add a button to call our custom service.

I hope it helps.

Yes, this is what I am doing right now. I just asked because the "drag and drop" thing is something more 'captivating' for users but of course it is a way.

Thank you.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Fabio Manniti​,

I agree with you. You may want to look into custom extensibility and development as suggested by Polina to achive this feature.

Yes, I will probably do that in the future. Thank you very much

Top Tags