cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Networks in Thingworx

Surekha
12-Amethyst

Networks in Thingworx

Is there any provision to set one location as default network selected node instead of "Auto Select First Row". Please refer Below snap, I want SysAdmin as default Location.

4 REPLIES 4
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:Surekha)

If your name is constant "SysAdmin" then you can do it by applying a state definition to TreeFormatter property in the widget property section .Create a new state definition and add a field named "SysAdmin" ,give a style to this name and attach this state to the formatter  .Use state based formatting in configuration and add the created state to the dependent field (according to your screenshot it should be to) .So basically the state will be applied to SysAdmin with a particular style .See attached screenshot of mashup which I have with same use case .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang 

Surekha
12-Amethyst
(To:mnarang)

Hi @mnarang ,

Thank you for your valuable response. I'm Asking to set it as default one. I would like to display the values according to the selected location. So I want to set Sysadmin as the default location.

Regards,

Surekha N.

mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:Surekha)

If you want to do auto select a particular value like SysAdmin ,you have to customize the widget .You can take reference of the existing widget code .As OOTB property auto select is only for first row .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang 

Hi Surekha,

Can you do a quick test? Bind the same infotable you bound to the tree to a List widget, in the same mashup.

Select some item on the List widget and see if the selected item changes in the Tree widget as well.

If it does change, then you can use the List as a sort of controller, because the List has a bindable property called "SelectedText" that you can set it at runtime. Just set it to invisible and it should be all fine. Let me know if this works.

Top Tags