PTC has rolled CS331340 this new article which talks about new time zone settings, but its about new Thingworx 9 installation.
Does anyone have idea how to achieve the same if one has already installed TW9?
Can you please send more information about the context ?
1. New installation / in-place update ?
2. Manual or Installer based ?
3. What is the Persistence Provider (DB) ?
4. What is the of the ThingWorx platform OS timezone ?
Please find details inline.
1. New installation / in-place update -> Already installed TW 9.0.1
2. Manual or Installer based ?-> Installer
3. What is the Persistence Provider (DB) ? -> postgres for one environment & mssql for other
4. What is the of the ThingWorx platform OS timezone ?->
Thanks & Appreciate,
1. Did you update from 8.x to 9.0.1, or is it a fresh new 9.0.1 installation ?
2. The timezones below are the one of the ThingWorx platform server correct (not the DB) ?
1. Did you update from 8.x to 9.0.1, or is it a fresh new 9.0.1 installation ? -> true its fresh installation
2. The timezones below are the one of the ThingWorx platform server correct (not the DB) ?-> yes timezones are of TW server and not DB.
So on the server that is currently using UTC, you can add -Duser.timezone=UTC on the Tomcat JVM (similar to CS306401) - to ensure that any change of the OS timezone does not affect Tomcat/Thingworx.
On the server that is using Pacific Time, you cannot change the Tomcat JVM TZ. This will shift your data.
Have you already ingested data (Data Table, Stream, Value Stream) ? R&D is currently working on a migration script (would it be possible to open a support case) ?
Yes on both the servers there are persisted objects.
yes can open a support case.
Thanks a lot for the Information.