cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Not able to use Notifications

shivanshu
3-Visitor

Not able to use Notifications

Hi,

I wanted to send an email notification to users on a particular event occurrence and for that I created a Notification and then a Trigger but the problem is the trigger is not getting fired and no users are getting the email. When the same I tried to do using a Subscription then It's working but not With the Notifications and Triggers. Just check the attached images for further details.

If anyone knows about the resolution for this, please help me out.

Thank You. 

3 REPLIES 3

Hello shivanshu,

Thank you for reaching out o n the ThingWorx Developers community.

I see you are facing an issue with Notification entities and the Triggers contained in them. I've gone ahead and tried to test this internally. I was initially getting a "No sender address specified" error but rectified this by placing a value in the Default From Field parameter on the Mail Thing.

Lets take a look at the ApplicationLog and see if there are any errors contained when your property meets the alert criteria and an email is suppose to be sent.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

Hi Tyler

Thanks for replying,

I made the changes as you have said but still I'm not getting the mails.

I checked the Application Log but there also no error or warning has generated.

Can you check once more and tell me the resolution?

I have attached the updated configuration screenshot.

Thanks.

Hello again shivanshu,

Thank you for the update here.

I was able to reproduce this behavior internally in that I am now not getting any errors in the ApplicationLog but yet I am not receiving the email to my inbox. Just as you have verified previously I am able to receive email messages using custom services without issue.

It would be beneficial if you could open up a Technical Support case at the PTC Support Portal so we can investigate this further.

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

Top Tags