cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Not authorized for PropertyWrite

tarik
6-Contributor

Not authorized for PropertyWrite

Hi, I have the same problem, did the issue get solved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tarik
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

now I know why I had this error, when I'm accessing the thing's property from inside a sub-thread, I have this error, but if I access it from the main thread of the Resource it goes without errors. So, as carlos said "If you create a sub-thread you may need to initialize Security Context for the newly created transaction" and here we have an example for that https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Running-another-thread-in-the-Thingworx-Extension/td-p/528607

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:tarik)

Hi @tarik.

Please provide more information.  Are you seeing the same error indicated in the other post?  Where are you seeing the error?

Any other details around your use case that you can provided, would also be helpful.

Regards.

--Sharon

tarik
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

now I know why I had this error, when I'm accessing the thing's property from inside a sub-thread, I have this error, but if I access it from the main thread of the Resource it goes without errors. So, as carlos said "If you create a sub-thread you may need to initialize Security Context for the newly created transaction" and here we have an example for that https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Running-another-thread-in-the-Thingworx-Extension/td-p/528607

Regards,

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:tarik)

Hi @tarik.

Glad to hear you found a solution.  It would be helpful if you could mark your post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for using our Community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags