cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Number as the first alphabet in field definition of a Data Shape

psskps
6-Contributor

Number as the first alphabet in field definition of a Data Shape

Hi,

Is it possible to give a number as the first alphabet in field definition of a Data Shape ?

If no , is there any thingworx configuration modification that can be done to achieve this.

Thanks,

Sadagopan Ponmani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @psskps.

We are not aware of any way to change this behavior.  

You can submit this as a request on the ThingWorx Ideas forum which will allow others to vote for it.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @psskps,

When I am creating an entry in the Field Definitions it doesn't allow the name to begin with a number. You can use numbers within or at the end of the name. Have you tried starting first with a letter followed by a number ?

psskps
6-Contributor
(To:Ciprian-Traian)

Hi @Ciprian-Traian ,

Yes i have tried with alphabets first , followed by numbers. But i have a requirement where i need the numbers to be the first letter of the datashape.

Anyway, Thank you for the response.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:psskps)

Hi @psskps.

If the previous response helped you to find a solution, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @psskps.

We are not aware of any way to change this behavior.  

You can submit this as a request on the ThingWorx Ideas forum which will allow others to vote for it.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @psskps.

Since your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags