cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

OPC Aggregator different Values to Thingworx

TL_9220870
6-Contributor

OPC Aggregator different Values to Thingworx

i have a problem with the synchronization of thingworx and opc aggregator.
first what have i done:
use opc aggregator to read out values from machines, use the default settings.
in thingworx i connect with remote thing over industrial connections and use for example following settings
image.png

i primarily use "read from server cache" or "cached for specific time", it s ok, but here is my problem....
i get values by changed, thats correct, but in a few cases the change does not arrive...
the setting "fetch form remote every read" would now make sure to always have the current value, but i continue to work with the values in different places and that would trigger too many read operations to opc aggregator here...
at the moment my solution is, manually reinitializing the connection in the opc aggregator, in order to force a current query and syncronize opc aggregator and thingworx.

is it possible, to query the current value from the opc aggregator, from thingworx?
or is there a possibility to trigger the reinitializing of values from thingworx? if yes how?

my idea would be to be able to ensure that the opc aggregator and thingworx display the same values after a certain interval, the question is how?

i m overlooking a service here under industrial connections or remote things?

thank you for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TL_9220870
6-Contributor
(To:TL_9220870)

Had overlooked the API function on the OPC Aggregator.
This can be found in the OPC Aggregator Administration.
This must be activated and set. Then the corresponding ports are released.
Then you can address the services of OPC Aggregator from thingworx with the ContentLoaderFunctions.
Now I can also write a routine that can carry out the reinitialization in the event of problems.

it's helps for the moment.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Here are some useful resources: 

TL_9220870
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

thanks for the help.

but i'm not concerned with the connection in general, as a general rule the exchange works fine 99.9% of the time.
but in a few cases, it doesn't seem to notice the change in the thingworx, which means that the OPC Aggregator already has a more up-to-date value than the thingworx.
the problem is if in the few cases, a fault is displayed to me, although this is no longer available in the opc aggregator, but still in the thingworx.
or a motor should run which is also available in the opc aggregator, but not yet in the thingworx.

As I said, I am currently fixing this by manually re-initializing the connections on the opc aggragator application.
but this is not a practical solution.

TL_9220870
6-Contributor

As I said, I am currently fixing this by manually re-initializing the connections on the opc aggragator application.
but this is not a practical solution.

ask who if this could possibly be triggered from thingworx?

or the setting of the remote thing "fetch from remote every read" exists, as it says itself, triggers every read, which is impractical at the point.
isn't there a service that does this regularly? so that i can trigger this as i need it?

just want to make sure that at a certain point in time the values ​​from the OPC aggregator match the values ​​transmitted to Thingworx.

TL_9220870
6-Contributor

Had overlooked the API function on the OPC Aggregator.
This can be found in the OPC Aggregator Administration.
This must be activated and set. Then the corresponding ports are released.
Then you can address the services of OPC Aggregator from thingworx with the ContentLoaderFunctions.
Now I can also write a routine that can carry out the reinitialization in the event of problems.

it's helps for the moment.

Top Tags