cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Order of Manual Import

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine

Order of Manual Import

What's the order of Things when you manually import them? I'm pretty sure that Data Shapes are first, but I can't remember the full order. I can't find this anywhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Datashape - thingshape- thing template -thing   

It's very easy to miss some content, so just export them with same tag in All Collection field, and check which dependencies were missing during import.   The export package with all types of entities will skip the import order problem 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Datashape - thingshape- thing template -thing   

It's very easy to miss some content, so just export them with same tag in All Collection field, and check which dependencies were missing during import.   The export package with all types of entities will skip the import order problem 

There is an additional way to export/import entities, which is not well known.

If your entities are part of a Project, you can use the "Package" capability from the Project entity to package your project as an extension.

This feature, explainer here, contains a dependency scanner, which scans all your project entities and warns you if you're missing needed entities.

It does not catch situations where you access entities in code via indirect reference (where you build the entity name manually in code), but it catches all the rest, making it extremely useful.

Note that we recommend deploying applications as extensions, not via manual export/import files (that I know a lot of people use). As extensions you have the benefit that you know which version of the application you deployed (it's the extension version) making it far easier to have a robust system.

Ike@ACE
13-Aquamarine
(To:VladimirRosu)

Yes, I know. I'm currently doing development in preparation for deployment and needed to move some things around. When I actually deploy the solution, I plan on packaging it all. Thanks, though.

Top Tags