cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

PDF Download using ThingWorx

Hariharasuthan
12-Amethyst

PDF Download using ThingWorx

hi expert ,

i can not solve problem , please  how to solve problem 

var params = {
FileRepository:"filetest/" /* THINGNAME */,
Rotated90Deg: false /* BOOLEAN */,
AppKey: "8204jef3-7l1f-45b7-a2cd-jf55547e7c0e"/* STRING */,
ServerAddress:"http://delbi3dev.analytics.com:8080/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html?mashup=attachment3" /* STRING */,
OutputFileName: "FileName.pdf" /* STRING */,
Resolution:"1240*1775"/* STRING */
};
Resources["PDFExport"].CreatePDF(params);

Error executing service pdfRenderingcreate. Message :: Could not launch browser. Build info: version: '2.52.0', revision: '4c2593cfc3689a7fcd7be52549167e5ccc93ad28', time: '2016-02-11 11:22:43' System info: host: 'PTC-DEV-SERV-AWS', ip: '172.16.0.59', os.name: 'Windows Server 2019', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '11.0.14' Driver info: driver.version: JBrowserDriver - See Script Error Log for more details.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @VladimirN 

your share link ,all ready share me , this is unsolvable post , please help me.

jBrowserDriver has issues with OpenJDK 11. So I never managed to get the pdf-extensio running with Thingworx 9.x and OpenJDK 11.

I now created another similar extension, that uses playwright web test library instead:

atondorf/twx.pdf.extension (github.com)

Any suggestions and optimisations are welcome ... 

Hi @atondorf 

you share github link download then export your file(pdfextention) means ,thingworx returning error Anonymous:@unknown,please reffer to another pdf extension

Hi Hariharasutha, can you give me some more details on your comment ... 

At github it's only the rough project, yet.

hi @atondorf 

i  try export pdf extension in my thingworx9.3 version but not update . 

blow the code 

i can not solve problem , please  how to solve problem 

var params = {
FileRepository:"filetest/" /* THINGNAME */,
Rotated90Deg: false /* BOOLEAN */,
AppKey: "8204jef3-7l1f-45b7-a2cd-jf55547e7c0e"/* STRING */,
ServerAddress:"http://delbi3dev.analytics.com:8080/Thingworx/Runtime/index.html?mashup=attachment3" /* STRING */,
OutputFileName: "FileName.pdf" /* STRING */,
Resolution:"1240*1775"/* STRING */
};
Resources["PDFExport"].CreatePDF(params);

Error executing service pdfRenderingcreate. Message :: Could not launch browser. Build info: version: '2.52.0', revision: '4c2593cfc3689a7fcd7be52549167e5ccc93ad28', time: '2016-02-11 11:22:43' System info: host: 'PTC-DEV-SERV-AWS', ip: '172.16.0.59', os.name: 'Windows Server 2019', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '10.0', java.version: '11.0.14' Driver info: driver.version: JBrowserDriver - See Script Error Log for more details.

Hi @Hariharasuthan, that's the other extension using jBrowser driver. I had the same issue, that's the reason, why i made my own one ... 

hi @atondorf 

i  try export your pdf extension in my thingworx9.3 version but not update my widgets, how to add your extension in my widget,

thanks 

Hello @atondorf , thank you for sharing your github repository. I am also looking for a pdf extension that works on the newer versions of Thingworx.

So I tried importing your extension, but it gives me dependency error with twx.playwright.extension:0.0.0. Could you provide some guidance?

pcheah_0-1693454101949.png

hi @atondorf , I tried to import the extension but this errror occurred, any idea?

atondorf
12-Amethyst
(To:pcheah)

Hi pcheah,

yes, you are right ... I normally use the version with Playwright extension already installed and so I did not discovered it.

I forgot to remove the dependency on plawright extension from the "twx.pdf.extension_1.0.0-incl_playwright_.zip".

I fixed it, get it again and try again ... 

I you have some expreirence in Java, you are welcome to share optimise this ...

Greetings

Andreas

richie
3-Visitor
(To:atondorf)

Hi @atondorf ,
I'm have imported your extension, but when I tried to "Execute" it run for quite some time (1~2min) and then if I check Application Log afterwards, it shows the below error,
Error: Failed to create driver.

RC_10718779_0-1696561913395.png

Found some related error:
https://github.com/microsoft/playwright-java/issues/853
https://github.com/microsoft/playwright-java/issues/1256

For your info, my ThingWorx Platform is hosted in VM without Internet Access and it's installed in drive (not the default C:)
I'm not sure if these is affecting it?

Do you have any idea how to resolve it?

Top Tags