cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

PDF Extension v3.0 - Element not found or does not exist

jbester
13-Aquamarine

PDF Extension v3.0 - Element not found or does not exist

Good day All,

I am having difficulties getting the latest version (3.0) of the PDF Extension on an Ubuntu 14.04 server, although I have also come across this error on a Windows 10 localhost deployment.

I have run the command (sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0 libxtst6 libxslt1.1 fonts-freefont-ttf libwebkit2gtk-3.0-25) as desrcibed in the documentation for a Ubuntu 14.04 deployment.

I get the error: "Element not found or does not exist. For documentation on this error, please visit: http://seleniumhq.org/exceptions/no_such_element.html Build info: version: '2.52.0', revision: '4c2593cfc3689a7fcd7be52549167e5ccc93ad28', time: '2016-02-11 11:22:43' System info: host: 'localhost', ip: '127.0.0.1', os.name: 'Linux', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '4.14.40-elastic-test', java.version: '1.8.0_131' Driver info: driver.version: unknown"

Has anyone come across this error before and have some advice on a fix?

@VladimirRosu do you have some insight possibly?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:jbester)

Hi @jbester.

Unfortunately, the marketplace extension you are using is not compatible with ThingWorx 8.3 and above.  This and other extensions on the marketplace are currently under review for future update or removal.

Please refer to the ThingWorx Extension Development guide for writing your own extension.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:jbester)

Hi @jbester.

Unfortunately, the marketplace extension you are using is not compatible with ThingWorx 8.3 and above.  This and other extensions on the marketplace are currently under review for future update or removal.

Please refer to the ThingWorx Extension Development guide for writing your own extension.

Regards.

--Sharon

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393, Java 64 Bit 1.8.0.211, JDK form and ThingWorx 8.4.3-b2219. I was able to create a PDF file by adding only the AppKey after I installed the marketplace version.
I have seen your behavior in the past, and just using the last Java version managed to fix this. Unfortunately it's not something easy to diagnose, since the library that handles the report rendering is fully self contained.
If the Java version update does not fix it, I can share the source code of the extension, if needed for further adaptation.
Top Tags