cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

PDF Extension

AndreaSteyn
11-Garnet

PDF Extension

Hi guys,

Anyone have a PDF extension that is compatable with Thingworx 8.5? The extension I have is only compatable with Thingworx 8.4.

6 REPLIES 6

@AndreaSteyn  I just created a support case regarding your request for PDF extension for Thingworx 8.5. I will provide you further updates via case emails.

Thanks,

Vibhuti

Hi,

Setting the right expectations, I want to raise the fact that there is no official PTC supported PDF Extension, so raising a case for this it is maybe not the most perfect approach.

If you're speaking about the previous PDF Extension from the marketplace, that was a ThingWorx Labs content (unofficial content for which no support is provided, but source code can be delivered in case the user wants to tweak it, improve it etc.) 

That PDF extension lives now in this GitHub account: https://github.com/vrosu/thingworx-pdfgenerator-extension with the purpose of enticing the community to contribute fixes to it (like making it work on 8.5 and perhaps more).

I would be more than happy to see a commit to that repository that fixes that issue

Thanks! 

iguerra
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirRosu)

I absolutely agree

a PDF generation extension would be very useful, and this should be part of thingworx basic tools

Moreover it should create vectorial PDF ... not a raster PDF like the old one that was created doing a "screenhot" of a mashup at server side...

The old PDF generator was very very slow.

Don't know if a "print to pdf" could be run at server side ... but this should be faster to run and also with vectorial PDF output.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:iguerra)

Hi @iguerra.

If you feel strongly about your suggestion, it's recommended that you post it on the ThingWorx Ideas board.  This will give other community members a chance to vote for it which will help to improve it's chances of being considered for a future release.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @iguerra.

If you feel strongly about your suggestion, it's recommended that you post it on the ThingWorx Ideas board.  This will give other community members a chance to vote for it which will help to improve it's chances of being considered for a future release.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @iguerra.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags