cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Pagination Widget

the_incapit
6-Contributor

Pagination Widget

Hello, I have implemented pagination on a collection and services are written as per https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS311123

Here If the user changes the number of Items in a Page using a drop down menu , it will also work , but the number of pages on the widget doesn't change . That is if the widget have 1 to 5 pages at first , then if we increase the  page size using dropdown, the pagination widget still have  1 to 5 pages , the total number of pages  will not decrease  ,even though  the page will shows the selected number of items.This leads to blank pages. 

Is there any ways to which  number of Items in per Page can be changed from the mashup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

From your description it sounds like your code is working just fine based on the drop down value change and the number of rows you see on the current page.

I took a look at the paging widget from the version the article was written, ThingWorx Asset Advisor 8.3.2, and the number of items per page is not a bindable property.  If it was, you would have to also bind the number of items per page to this property as well as the input to your service.

In order to use the widget as you have describe you will need to create a small custom version making the number of items per page bindable.  This should fix your issue or you can submit an enhancement idea to the ThingWorx Ideas page, https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Ideas/idb-p/thingworxideas

Thanks,

Travis

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

The paging widget is not a default widget for TWX, and the article includes some coding, so here's my guessing.

Your current issue is with # of pages. and 2 inpust are mentioned in your pagination entity: PageSize and CurrentPage

My Question:

1. What's the input for the Paging widget?

2. If the PageSize is set to 5 and 10 by default (not chosen through the list), does the Paging widget show different # of pages?

My Guess:

1. The problem is within Paging widget, it does not refresh after # changes

2. The problem is within script (if the widget has # as input)

3. The problem is within binding (if the widget has # as input)

the_incapit
6-Contributor
(To:zyuan1)

1. There is Input Options to Paging Widget are Current Page and Total Items, both of them are outputs of the Service given below

var data = Data; //Input Data Table

var dataShort = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape( {
infoTableName : "InfoTable",
dataShapeName : "MainDatashape" });

for( var x = ( CurrentPage * PageSize ); x < data.getRowCount() && dataShort.getRowCount() < PageSize; x++ )
{
dataShort.AddRow( data.getRow( x ) );
}
var result = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape( {
infoTableName : "InfoTable",
dataShapeName : "PaginationDS" } );

result.AddRow( {CurrentPage:CurrentPage, TotalItems:data.getRowCount(), Data:dataShort} );

2. If I set Page Size to 5 and I have 10 things to Display , the Pagination Widget Will Show "Pages :1 2".

But if I change the Page size to 10  from the Mashup and still have 10 things to show, it will still show "Pages : 1 2" with 2nd page left blank and page will show 10 items.

What I need  is a solution to change page size from the Mashup effectively without blank pages coming.

Thank You

What I get from your testing is that the problem is possiblity with the Paging widget itself.

Track if there's any refresh features in the widget, after you changed pageSize from 5 to 10 and page# from 2 to 1. Or else your problem won't be fixed. 

Hello,

From your description it sounds like your code is working just fine based on the drop down value change and the number of rows you see on the current page.

I took a look at the paging widget from the version the article was written, ThingWorx Asset Advisor 8.3.2, and the number of items per page is not a bindable property.  If it was, you would have to also bind the number of items per page to this property as well as the input to your service.

In order to use the widget as you have describe you will need to create a small custom version making the number of items per page bindable.  This should fix your issue or you can submit an enhancement idea to the ThingWorx Ideas page, https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Ideas/idb-p/thingworxideas

Thanks,

Travis

Thank You for your response

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:the_incapit)

Hi @the_incapit.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

the_incapit
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Thank You, I have Done it

Top Tags