cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Pass/Bind Line Chart hZoom to another Chart?

swstevens
10-Marble

Pass/Bind Line Chart hZoom to another Chart?

Scenario:

Single mashup with multiple line charts, all with timestamp on the x-axis.

I am looking for the user experience where I drag-zoom on one chart and have the other charts zoom to the same range. 

Basically, selecting a range for the x-axis for the entire mashup via a drag-zoom on a single widget.

Anybody know of a way to accomplish this task?

-Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:swstevens)

Hi @swstevens.

Have you thought about using a datepicker at the top of your mashup to zoom all the charts?  You can bind the start an end dates to the x-axis min and max for all the charts.  This would be an alternative to dragging.

Regards.

--Sharon

I have thought about / tested this idea but it doesn't align with the desired user experience.  The schedule chart seems to be what draws people in to drag-zoom.  I basically want bi-directional binding with the datepicker and the schedule chart.  A change in either triggers all the services.  Thanks for the reply though.

LP_10027711
13-Aquamarine
(To:swstevens)

did you find a solution for this? i am looking for the same thing. The date picker works but now days the drag-zoom has become such a standard for GUI that everyone wants that!

No solution yet.  The only thing I can think of now is creating my own schedule chart widget and adding the binding capability.  That goes on "the list" but toward the bottom...

Top Tags