cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Password Base type encryption and decryption

PV_11029084
3-Visitor

Password Base type encryption and decryption

I have a property with PASSWORD base type. Using the REST API the value fetched is encrypted. What is the encryption method that is used internally? Is it possible to get the original value and if yes then how to get it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would also suggest the last option, to retrieve it via a service with string output type.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:PV_11029084)

Interesting.

It only seems to be encrypted when you request a JSON reply, with XML it's in clear text, that's a bit inconsistent.

I suggest you create a case with PTC support and post an update here how this was resolved.

Correction: When you use application/json or text/xml in your Accept header, it is encrypted. It is not encrypted when you receive HTML, e.g. by using */* in the Accept header.

As a workaround you could add a service to your thing returning the password as a STRING and call the service from the REST API.

I would also suggest the last option, to retrieve it via a service with string output type.

Top Tags