cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Pause functionality for auto refresheral

Deepu
5-Regular Member

Pause functionality for auto refresheral

Im using auto refreshal for Navigation between screens. how can i implement pause functionality(button) in this usecase. and suggestions about timer.

Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zyuan1
18-Opal
(To:Deepu)

If you don't want to make the AutoRefresh visible and use a button to stop the auto refresh setting:

1. Button only has pause function: Use the button to trigger a service, the service return a False Boolean result, bind the result to AutoRefresh widget AutoRefresh property

2. Button can control both Pause and Play: make the service return True and False result in turn.

Auto-refresh time interval is also a property input for the widget, you can bind a service with Numeric output to it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
zyuan1
18-Opal

The autoRefresh is a widget, and it has a Toggle Button and a Refresh Now button, if you didn't set it to be invisible, you can pause the refresh by turn the widget off. So what do you expect to do?

Deepu
5-Regular Member
(To:zyuan1)

In  autoRefresh widget(for particular interval ex: 10), I am using a navigation, to navigate to other screen, here i want to use a pause button.how can i do that ? how can i write a service to increase auto refreshal time.

Thanks in Advance.

zyuan1
18-Opal

If you don't want to make the AutoRefresh visible and use a button to stop the auto refresh setting:

1. Button only has pause function: Use the button to trigger a service, the service return a False Boolean result, bind the result to AutoRefresh widget AutoRefresh property

2. Button can control both Pause and Play: make the service return True and False result in turn.

Auto-refresh time interval is also a property input for the widget, you can bind a service with Numeric output to it.

Deepu
5-Regular Member
(To:zyuan1)

Thankful for ur valuable suggestion and solution!!

As mentioned --

can u be brief how to make the service return True and False result in turn?

i cant bind a service to time interval(numerical input).

So Do i need to use two buttons for pause and play?

what else can i prefer ?

zyuan1
18-Opal

Suggestion from high to low:

1. Use the original Auto-refresh widget

2. Use Checkbox widget or RadioButton widget if you have them

3. Use 1 button and label Play/Pause or 2 independent Buttons

I set up this high to low on my own preference, but if you have your own design pattern, you can apply your favorites. 

Top Tags