cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Permissions for Binding Properties

bmehringer
12-Amethyst

Permissions for Binding Properties

Our TWX security is setup in a way that a custom user group has permissions to make changes, but cannot create new entities (i.e. Read and Update permissions).  The idea is that this group can make changes to support small requests and fix/tweak applications quickly, but not create entire applications.  What I've found is that the "Read" and "Update" permissions do not apply to the "Manage Bindings" button for a Thing property.  It looks like a user group would need "Create" permissions to update Property bindings.  To me, this doesn't make sense.  "Update" permissions should include modifying the property with remote or local bindings.  It also possible that I have something set up incorrectly.

We are 8.3.  Has anyone else noticed this permissions issue with "Manage Bindings"?  Any suggestions on how security can be setup so that a user can read/edit AND access the Manage Bindings?

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:bmehringer)

That indeed seems strange.

not sure why it would need Create to just manage bindings, since there is no create capability in it.

I recommend creation a bug report for it.

Top Tags