cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

The header of tree grid doesn't display correctly

seanccc
17-Peridot

The header of tree grid doesn't display correctly

Hi, 

The header of the tree grid doesn't display correctly after the page get loaded .  Only after triggering data binding ,for example, by click a certain , then the header can display well .

Version: ThingWorx 8.4,  grid-advanced-4.2.0.

Regards,

Sean 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:seanccc)

Hi Sean,

As we discussed, currently this issue was tracked by case in our Salesforce. We have requested Jira for the issue and as confirmed with R&D that this behavior is by design. For Advanced Grid use Grid instead to show header when no data is loaded. For Tree Grid currently there is no replacement widget.

Please understand and set this as solution to close this issue.

Thanks for your understanding!

Br,

Anna

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mnarang
17-Peridot

The service which is getting data for grid is being called on mashup load ? To see data on the grid on the page load you need to call the service on mashup load event .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang 

seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:mnarang)

Hi @mnarang ,

The problem is the header , not the data inside the tree grid.  I bind the DataShape to the tree grid , the header display correctly in the design time , but doesn't display in runtime untill the service get the data.   

Regards,

Sean

mnarang
17-Peridot

It's a bit confusing ,generally we bind infotable data (coming from a service) to the grid which holds header and data both .And in design as well as in run time it display both without any issue .But as you said you mapped a data shape to the grid which displayed header in design time and then in run time it does not display until the data come from service .How exactly you have mapped the infotable data to the grid ?

seanccc
17-Peridot

@mnarang ,

Sorry for the confusing,  I mean my service has infotable as return type , and the infotable has datashape specified . I bind the all_data of my service to the tree grid. 

I just created a simple sample to reproduce the issue(see the attachment), it seems that only if the tree grid is embedded in Master then the tree gird doesn't display when loading the page the first time , but it display well if refresh the page .  Although the sample doesn't reproduce my issue completely,  the root cause could be same I guess .  Also , the issue is very similar with the case : https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/auth/ssl/case=14836204,  which was created by me for the advanced grid. 

Regards,

Sean

mnarang
17-Peridot

Thanks for the detailed information ,I can see as per case comment it is reproducible on 8.4.1 . And Anna from support has sent you an older version of extension to test .Did you test on that as well ? 

We need to open this as a bug with R&D if it is reproducible .Will contact Anna for bug report and more details .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang 

seanccc
17-Peridot

@mnarang ,

I tried to switch to grid-advanced_4.1.1 according to Anna's suggestion,  the problem of the first time loading doesn't exist any more .   

However,  the original problem still exists , the header of the tree grid doesn't display the column names until trigger the service which bind to the tree grid ,  the advanced grid also has the same problem.   

Comparing with the grid widget,  it doesn't has the problem, it's head can display the column names well even if the service bound to it doesn't get triggered. (see the attached picture) 

Regards,

Sean

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Hi Sean,

As we discussed, currently this issue was tracked by case in our Salesforce. We have requested Jira for the issue and as confirmed with R&D that this behavior is by design. For Advanced Grid use Grid instead to show header when no data is loaded. For Tree Grid currently there is no replacement widget.

Please understand and set this as solution to close this issue.

Thanks for your understanding!

Br,

Anna

Top Tags