cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Port conflict while connection EMS (on Raspberry Pi) to ThingWorx server

pponraj
5-Regular Member

Port conflict while connection EMS (on Raspberry Pi) to ThingWorx server

Hello team,

I'm trying to connect my Pi with Composer server by following the guide. While running my LSR, keep getting port conflict issue. The micro server is trying to listen 8001 (default) but don't know how to override. I have updated related entries in Config.lua by referring one of the discussion thread but didn't work.

Thank you much!

Ponraj.

5 REPLIES 5

There is a guide to configuring the EMS:

Connect a Raspberry Pi to ThingWorx

These lines in config.lua control what port and IP address the Lua Script Resource will listen on:

scripts.script_resource_host = "localhost"
scripts.script_resource_port = 8001

pponraj
5-Regular Member
(To:Rick-Stanley)

Thank you. Now am getting

unencryptedClientStream::doopen: Error opening socket. Error: 111;

I have referred many discussion points in the forum and looks like my problem is more relevant to this one: https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Running-LSR-on-Raspberry-Pi/m-p/542669#M27166

I followed all the instructions related to Port on config.lua and JSON files.

Also in the composer, I couldn't see remote thing 'PiThing' to bind with.
I could also refer there is an issue with EMS 5.4 and so suggested to use 5.3.4. Is that true? Please help me to resolve.

Thanks for your support!!

pponraj
5-Regular Member
(To:pponraj)

Can someone please help me to resolve the connectivity issue - EMS on Pi to Composer server?

I'm attaching the error document, config.lua and config.json for reference. I couldn't proceed further and trying to resolve for past one week of time. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks,

pponraj
5-Regular Member

Please refer this attachement and ignore previous docs. Thanks.

pponraj
5-Regular Member

can someone please clarify my query? Thanks.

Top Tags