cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Possible bug: Data store unknown error

rad1
9-Granite

Possible bug: Data store unknown error

This issue pertains to a particular Thing Name I am trying to recreate. It seems something is corrupted.

I can create other Templates and Things OK using a script which creates them both in sequence. Only one particular thing name is problematic.

I am using Rest API to issue Delete on my template and thing that inherits from it

{{TW_HOST}}/Thingworx/ThingTemplates/TT_MyTemplate

{{TW_HOST}}/Thingworx/Things/TT_MyTemplate_MyThing

I run it once just in case and I am getting:

Object With This Name [TT_MyTemplate] Does Not Exist

Object With This Name [TT_MyTemplate_MyThing] Does Not Exist

..which is perfectly fine since previously these entities were erased.

Than I call a service: CreateTemplateAndThing that creates the template and attempts to create the thing inheriting from it. Since the script is failing when attempting to create the thing, it seems TT_MyTemplate is created  in some corrupted mode (the only way to see it is in "Uses this entity" view of its parent template. 

In the script the code Resources["EntityServices"].CreateThing(params) tries to create  TT_MyTemplate_MyThing it seems Data store remembered previous problem with this thing name and it rejects to create a thing with that name. 

Error:java.lang.Exception: Unable to create thing: TT_MyTemplate_MyThing : [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.] (CreateTemplateAndThing#115)

Let me know how to proceed with this as I need to create an exact name of the thing.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:rad1)

Hi @rad1 would it be possible to share the log set from the ThingWorx storage folder? Just to be sure are you running into this issue only with this particular entity? Or is the creation of other entities is also impacted?

Would it be also possible to share the catalina.out log from Tomcat to check the connectivity issues to the persistence provider? Which database is configured as Persistence Provider for ThingWorx?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi @rad1 would it be possible to share the log set from the ThingWorx storage folder? Just to be sure are you running into this issue only with this particular entity? Or is the creation of other entities is also impacted?

Would it be also possible to share the catalina.out log from Tomcat to check the connectivity issues to the persistence provider? Which database is configured as Persistence Provider for ThingWorx?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If you can, could you restart tomcat to make sure it isn't an issue with in memory retention of the information?

I'm thinking that deleting and re-creating a ThingTemplate with exactly the same name in short order is a rare action?

rad1
9-Granite
(To:PaiChung)

I reboot Amazon Ubuntu instance. Unfortunately it entered inconsistent state so I cannot even reach it with ssh console.

I was able to recreate my work on another TW server and it worked as expected. I was able to create expected ThingTemplate name. So something was corrupted and I don't know if reboot would have worked.

rad1
9-Granite
(To:PaiChung)

Thank Pai,

I will accept this as a solution (not sure if i would really work upon reboot since my Amazon Ubuntu instance didn't come online due to some networking problems.

Rad

Top Tags