cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Post-Intsall Step Error with ThingWorx Trial Edition 8.2 installation

automata
4-Participant

Post-Intsall Step Error with ThingWorx Trial Edition 8.2 installation

Hello,

I am getting a post-setup installation error. I have also attached my Log Files and the error screen shot.

I am not really getting what's the problem. My port 8080 is free as i have checked it by checking in the command prompt.  I have installed docker tools and the default container is running fine.

Please help as i couldn't find the solution to this issue anywhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I was having same issue. Solution to solve the problem is as below.

Once you are done with Docker installation. Set it to run in Linux Container instead of windows. Allocate minimum 8 GB RAM to it and then try to install the trial edition. It should get installed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
visla
14-Alexandrite
(To:automata)

Hello!

By searching in our Knowledge Base (KCS), I have found the following article that might help you:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS266385

It is also important to make sure you are using the right license file, as I have seen a customer having similar issue when using invalid license file.

In case you don't manage to fix this issue soon enough and you need to get access to a ThingWorx server for general testings, you might want to have a look at the Foundation Server Trial available in ThingWorx Developer Portal:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS265556

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Vanessa

automata
4-Participant
(To:visla)

xxxThanks Vanessa,

I did the Docker setup correctly this time. I am running docker on windows.

Checked the share C drive.

Went on with the installation but it halted again on the below post installation error.

Error running .\installer-twxutilities-devzone-windows.exe

--installdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxTrial Edition

--TWXHOST_HOST "10.075.`" --TWXHOST_PORT "8080"

--TWXHOST_USERNAME "xxxx"

--TWXHOST_PASSWORD "xxxx"

--unattendedmodeeui minimal --mode unattended

--accept_uela YES:  Program ended with an error exit code.

Is there a solution to this problem or what should i do to get this corrected?

automata
4-Participant

I am getting the error on TWX utilities post-installation.

I have attached the log file and error image.

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

In addition to what Vanessa indicated, it seems that the installation fails because the ThingWorx Foundation container did not start in a timely manner.

You will want therefore to ensure that your machine follows the pre-requisite from https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/174119/en/ThingWorxTrialEditionGuide8.2.pdf and that you have increased the default RAM allocated to the docker daemon as indicated in the above guide in the pre-requisite too.

Hope this helps

Chrisotphe

Hello,

I was having same issue. Solution to solve the problem is as below.

Once you are done with Docker installation. Set it to run in Linux Container instead of windows. Allocate minimum 8 GB RAM to it and then try to install the trial edition. It should get installed.

Top Tags