cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Print CSS with repeater widget

iguerra
14-Alexandrite

Print CSS with repeater widget

I have a master mashup with a repeater widget

I would like to print that master mashup but splitting each repeater item into a single A4 page

I tried using print CSS like "media print " and I can get some result (A4 orientation) but cannot split the repeater into A4 pages even using page-break-after property ...

How can I do ?

5 REPLIES 5

Won't work, as you are adding the Repeater Widget onto a Mashup which size it's fixed. In order to print it right it should be a on a Mashup as long as it are all repeated widgets and that can't be done with ThingWorx, I'm sorry, at least as far as I know.

iguerra
14-Alexandrite
(To:CarlesColl)

I have a master mashup with just a repeater, and when opened it creates a well "multiple" page with my own data, I just would print each element of the repeater into a single A4.

Mashup size isn't fixed it can be also responsive with the repeater inside...

By looking HTML, all is placed into <div>s and the repeater is nothing else as a HTML "table" with frames manages as rows (vertical repeater) or column (horizonal repeater)

By looking print CSS specifications it seems to be possible to "break" standard html tables into A4 pages, so it should be possible with thingworx repeater too considering is possible to specify a custom CSS for elements... Or not ?.....

I'm on 7.X, on 8.X with custom styles I don't know.

But you are sure that a Repeater it's a Table? Repeater can have virtual scrolling (reusing elements) then can't be a simple HTML Table, at least with Virtual ones (Load/Unload and Load/No unload)

About Mashup Responsive --> It's fixed size to the Window Screen not to the Repeater length.

iguerra
14-Alexandrite
(To:CarlesColl)

yes, I use TW 8.2.8

horizontal repeater is a <div>

inside there is a table with 1 row and many columns for each page (I use in this case horizontal repeater)

inside each column (td) there is another <div> that is the "contained" mashup

about screen size .... yes in case of resposive ... the next issue is the printer scaling ...

anycase the first step if possible is to split repeater into different pages .... this would be a good start...

I can't be of more help, if you have success please report here, but you will have hard times for sure.

Top Tags