cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Prioritization of ThingWorx directory service and Active Directory

pjahn
16-Pearl

Prioritization of ThingWorx directory service and Active Directory

In a customer's configuration we have added a Directory Service configuration with a local Active Directory. Now we have the problem that every time when a user logs active directory is asked at first. So every time when a user without an Active Directory account logs in there is an error message logged in the security log.

Is it possible to prioritise the ThingWorx Directory Service? Is there a way to avoid the external Directory Service to log the error message.

The error message in security log says: General error occurred. [explanation: java.lang.Exception: User does not exist in AD, the credentials are invalid, or the User ID Attribute Name Schema Mapping is incorrect.]

3 REPLIES 3
zyuan1
18-Opal
(To:pjahn)

After AD is configured in TWX, the TWX would allow local twx user and AD user to access the TWX server, and when a new AD entry happens, TWX will create a related twx USER account in the system.

Are you referring that when local twx user logs in, there will be an security error message?  Because if the account is not in both TWX and AD, surely there will be error message.

pjahn
16-Pearl
(To:zyuan1)

Yes. Every time when a local TWX user logs in (successfully) an error message is logged by the Directory Service configured for Active Directory. I would like to suppress/avoid this error messages. So basically I would like to give the local user directory a higher priority than the additionally configured directory service.  

zyuan1
18-Opal
(To:pjahn)

Ok, as you confirming this, you may need to create a case so that TS engineer can create a related bug.  You may add your TWX version inside. I only have a 8.4 AD system and didn't notice that, in the new case engineer will confirm if it happens in latest versions.

Top Tags