cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Problem With Expression in Thingworx- more than 3 inputs are not working

GAjey
9-Granite

Problem With Expression in Thingworx- more than 3 inputs are not working

Hi

I'm trying to use Expression with 5 inputs but 4th an 5th input is not working. Please help with this issue.

TWX version 9.1.1

8 REPLIES 8
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:GAjey)

I would enter in a bug at support.ptc.com if that is what is happening.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @GAjey.

When you say the 4th and 5th inputs aren't working, what is actually occurring?  Can you provide your mashup so we can take a look?

Regards.

--Sharon

GAjey
9-Granite
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley I have attached the screen shot for the error. When I try to add more than 3 inputs variables and click done it is not saving or take effect in following expression code. 

Screenshot (8).png

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @GAjey

From the screenshot, it appears that you changed the name of the first 3 but not of the last 2.  Is it not allowing you to change them?

Also, what do you need for it to do?  We're not able to tell much about this since the logic hasn't been provided.

Regards.

--Sharon

GAjey
9-Granite

Hi @slangley  its simple expression widget I tried and when I try to add more than 3 inputs it does not save. when I click on done button and again open the expression I get to see above that I have sent you in screenshot. That variables does not save

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @GAjey.

I recommend we open a case to work through the issue you're seeing.  I will be happy to open one on your behalf if you agree.

Regards.

--Sharon

GAjey
9-Granite

@slangley Yes Please open case for this issue.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @GAjey.

From the case notes, it was found that the expression was working as designed.  Unfortunately, I don't have the details behind that assertion, so please feel free to elaborate for the benefit of others in the community.  Once you have done so, please feel free to mark your follow-up response as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags