cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Problem creating and importing extension in thingworx 8.4

TomV
7-Bedrock

Problem creating and importing extension in thingworx 8.4

Hi,

We are trying to publish our customizations as an extension but we run into issues with some of our Things.

The problematic Things have locally bound properties and when we create an extension containing those things the error log shows errors like these:

[context: Extension Exception][message: Error parsing C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingworxMSSQL-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT\ThingworxStorage\extensions\temp\Support_3183c8b2-84b6-4642-93e9-8b62d370a52b\Support\Entities\Downloads\Things_TomTestLinkedPropertiesThing.xml: (64, 64): cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'aspect.source' is not allowed to appear in element 'PropertyBinding'.]

I tried manually removing the attribute but then the validation fails on aspect.startType or aspect.tagAddress.

I created a simple thing with one property locally bound to cleanupoldsessionstimer, exported it to source control entities and created an extension using Eclipse and it already fails. You can find the exported thing and generated Extension attached to this post.

Any help as to why this is happening or what I am doing wrong would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:TomV)

Hi, Tom.

It looks like you've opened a case for this question. We'll let that work its course and then come back here to post the resolution for the benefit of others.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

TomV
7-Bedrock
(To:CRArko)

I opened a case, that's correct.

I figured I could ask if anybody in the community found a workaround or solution in the meantime.

Top Tags