cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem running thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat for setting up PostgreSQL for Thingworx.

SOLVED
Highlighted
sbt
Level 5

Problem running thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat for setting up PostgreSQL for Thingworx.

Hello Team,

I have installed Thingworx 8.0 version. After the thingworx installation i am trying to configure PostgreSQL 9.5.

Downloaded the batch files required to configure thingworx DB.

Created folders in the root directory as per the document and provided necessary privileges.

Configured the batch file and running it, i am getting the below error.

Thanks

Sunay

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem running thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat for setting up PostgreSQL for Thingworx.

Hi Sunay, PostgreSQL 9.5 is currently not supported, please see system requirements guide for ThingWorx 8.0 You will need 9.4

Plus it appears you might not have created the twadmin role for the PostgreSQL server prior to running this batch file.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Problem running thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat for setting up PostgreSQL for Thingworx.

Hi Sunay, PostgreSQL 9.5 is currently not supported, please see system requirements guide for ThingWorx 8.0 You will need 9.4

Plus it appears you might not have created the twadmin role for the PostgreSQL server prior to running this batch file.

Alright sushant,

Do i need to installed postgresql and run all the batch files before installing thingworx 8.0 in my system..?

Yes, as also highlighted in the setup guide for ThingWorx, you will need to have user role read + the ThingWorx DB and it's schema setup prior to deploying and starting ThingWorx's war file in Tomcat.

Sushant,

I have installed Postgre9.4

added the user role "twadmin"

executed the batch file

thingworxpostgresDBSetup –a postgres –u twadmin –l C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage

executed the batch file

1. thingworxPostgresSchemaSetup.bat

added <postgres-installation>/bin folder to your system path variable.

Added THINGWORX_PLATFORM_SETTINGS variable

added platformsetting.json file with the modifications in password.

Now i think i am good to go ahead and install thingworx..?

Sure looks like you have everything covered

And 1 last thing is that

I ll be configuring only the persistent provider for postgreSQL settings in the platform-setting.json file, though the document has all the providers.

And even if i need to use any other database , then i ll use connectors for respective database.

I hope i am right.

Yes. It depends which database you plan to use, you'll have to find the JDBC connector for it from the ThingWorx Marketplace. So does your setup works now?

Finally

Thanks for your help.

I'm glad it worked out