cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Problem starting Thingworx 8.2

karnoia
6-Contributor

Problem starting Thingworx 8.2

Good morning everybody,

I have been trying to install the Thingworx 8.2 version and I can´t make it work. I have installed Tomcat, Postgres, generated the thingworx table with the .bat files, added the Environment Variables, added the folders on the drive, given rights to the proper users, etc.  But I can´t manage to make it work.

As soon as I paste the Thingworx.war file on the webapps in Tomcat and it starts the autodeployment, Tomcat ends up hanging after 20 seconds more or less. It generates all the folders on the root of the drive and inside the webapps folder, but it does´t work. After some testing I have found out that it is related to the connection between Thingworx and Postgres, that somehow the deployment corrupts Postgres and that makes that Tomcat hangs and that Thingworx don´t work, but I can´t find anywhere how to fix the problem.

I don´t understand how the 7.x versions were almost just drag&drop and the 8.x versions give so many problems for something as simple as install.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Josue Nanin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
karnoia
6-Contributor
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi Raluca,

Thanks for the help. I finally fixed the problem. I don't know if it was that I had a space after the path of the Java library that you set up on Tomcat, or that I deleted the Initial memory parameter (as it appears on the installation document) but one of those was crashing everything. The problem was that the error wasn't popping up on the Tomcat logs and I didn't know that Thingworx had their own, so thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

1. Please connect to Postgres with pgadmin3 and check if the database is up and running, check the postgres and twadmin users, can you connect with them to the database?

2. Check Tomcat logs and ThingworxStorage/logs/Application.log. What errors you are receiving?

Thanks,

Raluca Edu

Also check pg_hba.conf from Postgres installation folder, you need to have method=md5 on all lines.

karnoia
6-Contributor
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi Raluca,

Thanks for the help. I finally fixed the problem. I don't know if it was that I had a space after the path of the Java library that you set up on Tomcat, or that I deleted the Initial memory parameter (as it appears on the installation document) but one of those was crashing everything. The problem was that the error wasn't popping up on the Tomcat logs and I didn't know that Thingworx had their own, so thanks for the help!

Top Tags