cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Property Bindings in Thing

SaranKarthick
16-Pearl

Property Bindings in Thing

Hi Developers,

I have a remote thing and a generic thing. I have done a local property binding from Remote to a Local thing. So the scenario i expect was when the remote thing's property changes, the value should be reflected on the local thing's binded property which is happening. But when i manually set that particular property of the local thing, its getting reflected on the remote thing's property also. Is this a bug or a bidirectional feature provided by the Thingworx platform?

Thanks and Regards

Saran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are looking to not update the value (for e.g. to avoid any updates by mistake) you could mark the property as read only

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @SaranKarthick when you set local value does it not throw an error? If you are not getting error than that means that edge property value is accepting values to be set from the ThingWorx platform. From your description this doesn't sound like a bug, its just the way edge property is configured.

Hi @supandey,

Thanks for your reply. I had tried the same with two generic local things and got the same result and without any warnings. So this too is edge property configurations.

If you are looking to not update the value (for e.g. to avoid any updates by mistake) you could mark the property as read only

Thanks for the explanation @supandey.

Top Tags