cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Public Link for mashups ThingWorx 8.1

mtahir1
9-Granite

Public Link for mashups ThingWorx 8.1

I am using ThingWorx 8.1.1. I want the mashups I create to be viewed by other people but I don't want to give them any login credentials. So far I found only two ways to do that. First is to create an appkey and give the key some user rights and use the URL with the appkey. This works well if I give the appkey an admin account rights which I don't want to do. If I give the key some non-admin access I have to go to every entity separately and give the Visibility access to each of them, which is also not suitable.

Second way is to use a custom authenticator like every body in others posts suggests. But the problem is the same if I login with the admin account using the custom authenticator it works but if I use a non-admin account I have to allow every entity separately to have visibility access.

Can you suggest any other way by which I just give the end user a URL and they simply open it. Or maybe a way to allow the non-admin user access to view all entities collectively.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:mtahir1)

Hi @mtahir1 it seems your issue more relates to user access rights management, while you are correct that when working with non-admin user you will have to grant appropriate access rights to each user depending upon what they can or can't access. What you may have missed here is that you don't have to do it individually for every user, rather correct way of doing it would be to grant the appropriate access rights on the UserGroups or Organizations to which those users belong to. Access rights on those user groups and organizations will be inherited by the users part of it.

Sharing some links for your quick reference Organizations , UserGroups , Users, Secure Modeling Best Practices & Directory Services Authentication

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:mtahir1)

Hi @mtahir1 it seems your issue more relates to user access rights management, while you are correct that when working with non-admin user you will have to grant appropriate access rights to each user depending upon what they can or can't access. What you may have missed here is that you don't have to do it individually for every user, rather correct way of doing it would be to grant the appropriate access rights on the UserGroups or Organizations to which those users belong to. Access rights on those user groups and organizations will be inherited by the users part of it.

Sharing some links for your quick reference Organizations , UserGroups , Users, Secure Modeling Best Practices & Directory Services Authentication

@supandey Thank you. I was having trouble with giving all the Thing entities user rights collectively. But I figured out from the articles. Thank you.

Top Tags