cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Publish MQTT Thingworx with the KEPServer

dhmuech
4-Participant

Publish MQTT Thingworx with the KEPServer

At the moment I trie to use Thingworx 8.5 + Manufacturing Apps + KEPServerEX 6.7

I want to publish MQTT Messages Thingworx with the KEPServer and the MQTT Driver (Not MQTT Extension).

I successfully subscribe the Data in Thingworx.

I created the Tags in KEP and I see the messages from a MQTT Client (Node-Red) via the MQTT Broker (Mosquitto) to the KEPServer.

In Thingworx I created with Discover the Thing (Remote Thing) with the Binding to the KEPServer Tag.

Everything works fine and I see the Value in the Properties.

But if I trie to change the value in the properties i see in the event log from KEPServer:

Warning MQTT Client Channel2.Device1 | Unable to write to address on device. | Address = 'thingworx+invalue'.

In KEP the Client Access = Read/Write. if change it to Read only I get an error in Thingworx.

In the MQTT Manual I found:

Reading data from a MQTT server (writes are currently not supported)

But if I use in from the Channel "Simulation Examples" the Device "Functions" I can publish messages.

Like in the video "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTaoGtQ5JkA".

Somehow its possible to publish.. anyone an idea?

Bu videomuzda KEPServerEX'i IoT Gateway eklentisi ile bir MQTT Client olarak konfigüre ederek web servislerine veri gönderimi anlatılmıştır. Destek talebiniz olması halinde bize info@opcturkey.com veya teknik.destek@opcturkey.com mail adreslerinden ulaşabilirsiniz. Detaylı bilgi için: ...
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dhmuech
4-Participant
(To:dhmuech)

I found more or less a solution for the problem.

If I change the device to simulated, I am able to set the values in thingworx and they get published. Problem with that solution is, that the other way around doesnt work anymore.

Simulated Device Enabled Disabled
KEP -> MQTT Broker possible Yes No
MQTT Broker -> KEP possible No Yes

so i will try to use two devices. One device in, and one device out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @dhmuech 

Are you able to update tag value using Kepserver OPC Client ?

/VR

dhmuech
4-Participant
(To:dhmuech)

I found more or less a solution for the problem.

If I change the device to simulated, I am able to set the values in thingworx and they get published. Problem with that solution is, that the other way around doesnt work anymore.

Simulated Device Enabled Disabled
KEP -> MQTT Broker possible Yes No
MQTT Broker -> KEP possible No Yes

so i will try to use two devices. One device in, and one device out.

Announcements

Top Tags