cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

QR Code Extension on Marketplace?

JanKerkhofs
5-Regular Member

QR Code Extension on Marketplace?

I'm trying to integrate QR code create/read in our application and came across references in community forum to 'QR Code Extension' on PTC market place.

However, I am not able to find it there...

Is this extension not supported anymore? Perhaps available through other channels?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JanKerkhofs
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

For future reference:

I'm now using the public REST API calls of http://goqr.me/api/ to generate a QR image.

Using 'ContentLoaderFunctions - LoadImage' in a service (see below) returns a usable image (PNG).

Linking it to the 'Data' entry of a 'Value Display' inside a mashup allows for easy visibility.

Example (Input = string, result = Image):

var result = Resources.ContentLoaderFunctions.LoadImage({
});

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tdixit
13-Aquamarine
(To:JanKerkhofs)

Hello @JanKerkhofs 

This extension is not supported anymore.

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

JanKerkhofs
5-Regular Member
(To:tdixit)

Thanks for the quick reply!

Are there any other ways to generate/read QR codes using TWX?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @JanKerkhofs.

You would have to write your own extension for handling this functionality.  In the meantime, you can also post a request on the ThingWorx Ideas board.  This will allow other community members to vote for it in order to increase it's chances of being adopted into a future release of the product.

Regards.

--Sharon

JanKerkhofs
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

For future reference:

I'm now using the public REST API calls of http://goqr.me/api/ to generate a QR image.

Using 'ContentLoaderFunctions - LoadImage' in a service (see below) returns a usable image (PNG).

Linking it to the 'Data' entry of a 'Value Display' inside a mashup allows for easy visibility.

Example (Input = string, result = Image):

var result = Resources.ContentLoaderFunctions.LoadImage({
});
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @JanKerkhofs

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community.  Please feel free to mark your last response as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

sagar.d
5-Regular Member

If you find anything related to qr code extension from anywhere, please update, Than you.

Top Tags