cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

QR Code Scanning with Thingworx

emericboyu
1-Newbie

QR Code Scanning with Thingworx

Hello there,

Is there a way to scan an QR code with the help of Thingworx? I can already send the value of the QR code to ThingWorx as a property value of a thing, with the help of Node-RED and a webcam. However I can not control the webcam as I like therefore I need a service in ThingWorx so that I can bind that to a button widget. Right now in Node-RED I created a flow with an injection node ,which only injects once at start, and a pythonshell node which runs the python code script that I wrote to turn on the webcam, to scan the QR code and after that to turn off the webcam. Does anybody know a way to control Node-RED flow from thingworx or simply a way to scan QR code?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
ytella
17-Peridot
(To:emericboyu)

Hello Yamini,

I've already read this documentation about node-red. However it only tells how to push data from raspberry pi to thingworx with node-red. My aim is to create a service in Thingworx and with that I want to run a code script in my raspberry pi. So that I can control the webcam and scan the QR code.

Top Tags