cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Re: Unable to open Thingworx Composer

danielsam
4-Participant

Re: Unable to open Thingworx Composer

I have the same problem. First I could not install the application because my PC didn´t have java installed, after installing java I was able to install thingworx foundation succesfully, but after that nothing happened. Unlike thingworx industrial connectivity which creates an icon to launch the program, thingworx foundation creates nothing to launch the application. It does install a directory ("thingworxH2Trial-8.4.0-SNAPSHOT) but I can´t find a way to execute the application. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:danielsam)

Hi @danielsam.

After reviewing the logs, it appears that the trusted storage files are corrupt.  This could be the result of multiple attempts at installation.

We would need a case to resolve this issue, as it requires an engineer to take a look at your system.  However, it does not appear that you have a support contract.  Therefore, the only suggestion I can make is that you reinstall the operating system ensuring that it is a clean install.  You need to make sure there are no remaining artifacts from the previous system, as you may end up with the same problem.

Also, I noticed that you have allocated very little RAM to ThingWorx.  Please review this page for ensuring your system is sized properly.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

If Thingworx Foundation was installed, then go into your browser and access:

http://localhost:<port>/Thingworx

1. HTTP could be https depending on your installation is you choose SSL or not

2. If you are on server/laptop where Thingworx is installed use localhost , otherwise use ip address or hostname

3. <port> is the port provided at installation, default port is 8080.

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

danielsam
4-Participant
(To:raluca_edu)

thanks for the reply,

I was able to launch foundation but now it asks me for a login and password. Thanks for the help

Daniel Sam

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @danielsam.

It's been a while since I installed one of the trials, but as I recall, you are prompted for the password during the installation process.  The user would be Administrator.  Are you unable to remember what password you provided?

Regards.

--Sharon

danielsam
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

I reinstalled foundation to reset the password and now I have the following error. I am attaching the image.

Thanks

Daniel Sam

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @danielsam.

When you reinstalled did you remove the components/files from your first installation attempt?  If not, the installer will fail.  Did you check to see if an uninstaller was created?

If no uninstaller exists, you would have to manually remove all components before making a reinstallation attempt.  Based on the error message you received, it appears that some components were not removed before re-running the installer.

Under Windows, to totally remove all artifacts, you may need to search and delete records in the registry.  It's recommended, however, that an export be created before making any changes--it's possible to render your system unusable if mistakes are made.

Regards.

--Sharon

danielsam
4-Participant

Hi, there was no unistaller, I unistalled using "programas and features" in control panel. Please send me the steps to remove record in the registry. If something goes wrong I´ll just reinstall windows.

Thanks

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @danielsam.

Unfortunately, there is no documented procedure for updating the registry--this could vary between installations depending on the circumstances.  If reinstalling Windows is an option, you may want to pursue that path.

Regards.

--Sharon

danielsam
4-Participant

Hi, I reinstalled Windows, kepserver, foundations and manufacturing apps. I finally was able to execute the composer, but today unable the open it. I am attaching the error message.

Regards

Daniel

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @danielsam.

If you rebooted Windows, please check to validate that the ThingWorx Foundation service is running.  If so, please provide the logs located at ....ThingworxStorage\logs.

Regards.

--Sharon

danielsam
4-Participant

Hi, I am sending all the files in the log directory.

Regards

Daniel Sam

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @danielsam.

After reviewing the logs, it appears that the trusted storage files are corrupt.  This could be the result of multiple attempts at installation.

We would need a case to resolve this issue, as it requires an engineer to take a look at your system.  However, it does not appear that you have a support contract.  Therefore, the only suggestion I can make is that you reinstall the operating system ensuring that it is a clean install.  You need to make sure there are no remaining artifacts from the previous system, as you may end up with the same problem.

Also, I noticed that you have allocated very little RAM to ThingWorx.  Please review this page for ensuring your system is sized properly.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @danielsam.

If the response provided by @raluca_edu resolved your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags