cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Real time Notification

rk-31
1-Newbie

Real time Notification

Hi,

I was trying to implement real time notifications in thingworx. For this I need to have UI like below.  Instead of text(Import/Export) I would like to have icon.RN.PNG

Can someone help me on How I can implement this.

Carles Coll

Pai Chung

Aanjan Ravi

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Raju,

Can you please explain in detail the requirements of your project?

Where do the notifications come from (ThingWorx or another source)? If another source, then do you pull or you have the information pushed to your server?

What do you mean by "UI like below"? Do you simply need to have a grid with the notifications and a menu? If yes, what is the menu content?

Waiting for your answer.

BR,

Vladimir

Hi Vladimir,

My requirement is about giving notifications between users. When User A does some action then then it should be notified to User B.

So I am doing below steps.

1. Storing notification in database When User A does the action.

2. On User B side, Service is written to get the notifications. I am triggering this service every 10 secs with Auto Refresh widget.

3. Now the display of notification should be like the design I showed in above post.  I don't have idea which widget will fulfill my requirement. Data will be fetched from the service.

I am done upto step 2. Now facing difficulty in step3.

Thanks

Raju

wposner-2
12-Amethyst
(To:rk-31)

Do you have Thingworx Utilities?  You could just use a workflow to trigger your notification so that you don't have to use a DB.  Or an even easier way to do this would be to create an event and fire it when user A does whatever should cause the notification.  Have your event set a property on a thing and then use a status message widget to display your message.  You can cause the message to appear by binding to the property changed event.

Hi Raju,

How is the notification going to be displayed?

I ask because in the example I can see a grid and a menu drop down.

So what will user B see, just an empty mashup with some popups being displayed when something happens? Or a mashup with a grid and the popups displayed?

Hi Vladimir,

Sorry for the confusion. Notification should work like facebook notification. A globe icon on the top and when notification comes it will have red color number indicating how many notifications came. When user clicks on globe icon, A dropdown popup will be shown.footerimg.png

Hi Raju,

Thanks for the update. There is Navigation widget that you can use in conjunction with a new Mashup where you display a grid.

The Navigation widget will always display in the middle though - if you want it to be displayed in another place you need to modify the widget.

For the count display you can use the GetPropertyValues service bounded to a ValueDisplay. That service has the capability to push values to the mashup in realtime through Websockets.

This means you need to store the notifications count as a Thing property, and this in turn means you need a new Thing per user.

BR,

Vladimir

Top Tags